Head Coach Mario Waibel has the Sierra Canyon boys Lacrosse program headed in the right direction.
Sierra Canyon is the favorite to bring home the 5th straight league title, and hope to carry that success into the postseason.
“We have one of our most talented rosters to date, and are playing one of our toughest schedules in program history,” Waibel said.
“While we have received four straight open division bids, we have failed to move on from the first round. This year, we should have the talent and the pieces in place to push past the opening round.”
On a side note the team is the only high school in California to be sponsored by STX, an industry gold standard for lacrosse. And the team is sponsored by Legends for apparel and Lax.com for team equipment.
Here are some top players to watch out for this year
- Mac MacLean (Sr – M) – Committed to D1 Bucknell
- Cooper Endicott (Sr – M) – Committed to D3 Ohio Wesleyan
- Eli Turovsky (Sr – G) – Committed to D3 Colorado College
- Isaiah Cree (Sr – A)
- Justin Kaminkow (Jr – D)
- Ben Riley (Jr – D)
- Aris Brown (Jr – M)
- Jacob Huddleston (Jr – M)
The team has a top notch schedule. Here are some key matches to look out for.
- Palos Verdes (CA) – Perennial LA Champion trading only with Loyola for the past 10 years
- Agoura (CA) = Top 5 program in LA
- Kingwood (TX) – Top program out of Houston
- Poway (CA) – Top 5 program from San Diego
- Palo Verde (NV) – Top program from Las Vegas
- Oaks Christian (CA) – Top 10 program in LA